04/03/2013

Idiots with freedoms...

...are fucking dangerous for everyone.

But that is offensive and hateful. So I'll rephrase that.

"Everyone + ideas of unlimited freedoms = I stay inside"

That's better.

I have always identified myself as 'liberal' - which to me only meant that people should not be legislated to not behave in ways that does not harm anyone else - in a broad sence - but not absolute.

Freedom of Vaccination - dismissed.
Freedom of Ingestion - dismissed.
Freedom of Private Practice - dismissed.
Freedom of Conscience - dismissed.
Freedom of Thought - granted... No, wait. Dismissed.

My freedom of X should not infringe on your freedom of X or Y. Or harm you directly.
  1. If I don't vaccinate myself, others will be at a higher risk of disease.
  2. If I claim to heal you through my practice of 'alternative medicine', you will not go to a real doctor.
  3. If my conscience is hurt by you having sex a certain way, I'm dictating who you should be, thus infringing on your freedom to be you.

My point is this: There is no such thing as absolute freedom, of any kind. At best, we have temporary priviliges granted by society.
So, for you idiots shouting "I have a freedom to do this!" 
- No, you do not. 
You may or may not have the approval of society to do X - live with it.

Doddy out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus